Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thinning The Herd Podcast - Week 2

Last weeks weights
RJ – 243lbs on 7/17/10 - 244 as of 7/25/10 I may or may not have lost any weight since I hadn't weighed myself and only guessed. My short term goal is to reach 239 by 8/11/10

Gavin – 220lbs on 7/14/10 My short term goal is to reach 215 by 8/11/10 220 as of 7/21/10 Did loose 1/2 a pound.
-------------
What did you do that was new?
Gavin - Monday, Gym 50 minutes on tread mill at speed 3.5 with a 3.0 incline to burned 400 calories.
RJ - Tuesday, gym 20 min treadmill speed 3 with 1% incline, 20 (10 each arm) bicep curls w 5lb weights, 20 shoulder presses (10 each arm) w 5lb weights, 10 triceps pulls w 20lb, 10 back extensions. Friday, gym 20 min treadmill w average 3.0 speed and 1% incline, 20 (10 each arm) bicep curls w 10lb weights, 20 (10 each arm) shoulder presses w 10lb weights, 10 triceps pulls w 50lb, 10 back extensions.

Something new to add
Gavin - I only went to the gym once this week so I am going to make more of an effort to get there at least 3 times this week
RJ - I only went twice and went pretty easy since it's been so long and I'm way out of shape. Need to up that. Also, I went to Burger King two times. :(


-------------
Did you have any non-scale related accomplishments?
Gavin - Had much more energy after working out.
RJ - I got a new scale. It gave me an error which means it's overcapacity. It has a max capacity of 400lb. Apparently it's broken, too. LOL


-------------
Mail
Thank you to:
Bridget
Drusilla Bloeme
Steve
Chris
Joice
We love all you guys for your help


----------------------
Recipe of the week
Grilled zucchini
Gavin
Preheat grill on high
Slice small zucchini in half or larger ones sliced into 3/4" thick pla
nks.
Spray both sides of the slices with Butter flavored spray.
Place the slices on the grill cut side down. about 4-5 minutes. Turn and brush with FF Italian dressing & top with Parmesan cheese. Turn off heat and close lid. Allow to cook for an other 3 minutes.
*alternate* top with teaspoon canned crushed tomatoes, garlic, oregano & mozzarella cheese.

Piri-Piri
RJ
4 Tbsp. coarse red pepper
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp. olive oil

combine in a small bowl and save in a glass jar. Shake to re-mix before serving.


-------------
Topics for the week
Gavin - Discuss using oils and daily vitamins
Olive Oil, Flax seed oil, canola oil
Always take a daily multiple vitamin
RJ - farmer's markets, exercising at home


-------------
Do you have any troublesome events coming up this week?
Gavin - I have none this week
RJ - Possibly 1 on Monday. I just need to make sure I pack food to take with.

Me Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment